Bonjour Vietnam!



I personally think vietnamese music, for the most part blows hard. And no one has yet to change me. However, this is prolly the first Viet song that I actually like! Then again, it's not necessarily viet. It's spoken in french... Which in a way has a heck of a lot of political,cultural, and generational signifiers! (OOO.. linguistics)

Yep, this one makes me want to cry. That means it's good!!! The video really captures a beauty that I personally don't see that often from my homeland... great lighting and colours. Except for those damned cheesy wipes! Wat's up w/ stupid pixelated karaoke wipes???? OOO AAHHH.. NOW GET OVER IT AND DO SOMETHING CLASSY. ...
I think it's time for me to visit Vietland soon.

here's a link to an article about the singer:
http://english.ohmynews.com/ArticleView/article_view.asp?no=273609&rel_no=1

Lyrics by Marc Lavoine.



And here's some lyrics
 

jamuck blog Design by Insight © 2009