Original Jolly Melancholies!



This was my first foray into old men in animated short film! Made in '06, it was part of my Fine Arts thesis regarding sentimentality and mundanity. My final film was a multi-framed window of various banal activities an retired man would preoccupy himself in his later years... (ex. eating cereal alone, reading a book, pleasing himself in bed.. .:P)
The title connection for my recent black and white film and this film was deliberate since i feel they share similar qualities.

I wanted also explore the length of time I can push the anticipation and see it's hopefully humorous and sad results!
You may recall the bit from a Rowan Atkinson stand up routine...

The diddy you hear was a song I heard from a clip from the first talkie 'The Jazz Singer' and thought it was a perfectly upbeat choice for such a depressing moment.

Enjoy!
 

jamuck blog Design by Insight © 2009